Clayton Geoffreys con Wilt Chamberlain: The Inspiring Story of One of Basketball's Greatest Players (Basketball Biography Books) (English Edition)
Learn the Inspiring Story of the Basketball Legend Wilt Chamberlain!
Read on your PC, Mac, smartphone, tablet or Kindle device!
In Wilt Chamberlain: The Inspiring Story of One of Basketball's Greatest Players, you'll learn the incredible story of one of basketball's greatest centers, Wilt Chamberlain. In the entire history of the league, only one player has ever scored 100 points, and that player is Wilt Chamberlain.
Throughout the 1960s, Chamberlain dominated the league. He averaged more than thirty points in multiple seasons, and even had breakout seasons where he would average 44.8 and 50.4 points respectively. He truly was one of the most prolific scorers of his generation.
If you've ever wanted to learn more about Wilt Chamberlain's storied basketball career, pick up this book today. Start learning his inspiring story today.
Here's a preview of what you'll read about:
- Childhood and Early Life
- High School Career
- College Career at Kansas
- Harlem Globetrotters Career
- Wilt Chamberlain's NBA Career
- Territorial Pick, Rookie Season, the Rookie MVP, and Continued Dominance
- The Historic Scoring Season, the 100-Point Game, The Move to San Francisco, Missing the Playoffs, Teaming With Nate Thurmond, First Finals Appearance
- Final Run With the Warriors, the Trade to Philadelphia, Second MVP, Another Celtics Loss, Third MVP, First NBA Championship
- Final Season in Philadelphia, Leading the League in Assists, The Move to LA, The Injury Season, More Finals Woes
- Losing to Kareem, Second NBA Title, Final Season and Retirement
- Wilt Chamberlain's Personal Life
- Chamberlain's Impact on Basketball and Legacy
An excerpt from the book:
Wherever you go, and no matter what culture is concerned, legends, mythologies, and folk tales always say that giants once walked the face of the earth. These giants, as the stories would say, struck terror into the hearts of ordinary folks and were often critical pieces in the establishment of civilizations and numerous cultures and traditions.
While giants are most often confined to the realm of legends and stories, the same cannot be said about the NBA. The NBA has seen its share of giants throughout its long history. These giants have paved the way for the improvement and evolution of the game of basketball. Giants such as Shaquille O'Neal, David Robinson, and Yao Ming are among the most prominent big men the league has ever seen, but they might not have made it into the league if it were not for arguably the NBA's most legendary gigantic figure. That man was Wilt Chamberlain.
Wilt Chamberlain was a giant among men, if there was a term to describe him. Back in the day when the average height of the NBA was merely about 6'5" during the 1960's and when centers were barely 6'10" and power forwards were 6'6", Chamberlain was a towering figure and had earned the nickname "Wilt the Stilt" because of such. But height was not Wilt Chamberlain's best feature.
Tags: wilt chamberlain bio, wilt chamberlain basketball, golden state warriors basketball, philadelphia 76ers basketball, la lakers basketball, kareem abdul-jabbar, kobe bryant, bill russell, kevin durant, magic johnson, jerry west, julius erving, larry bird